Monday, May 30, 2005

Servant of the Empire

When life throws you a curveball, swing!

Life. Work. Death.

Swing. Swing. Swing.

I've all but given up on my hope of joining the ranks of advertising creatives, or as Eevon eloquently puts it, becoming another advertising whore. Maybe it's because the agency that I freelanced with before didn't want to hire me for full-time work. Maybe it's because of the current advertising slump, the mid-year employment deadlock.

Or maybe I just didn't try hard enough.

Whatever it is, I'm putting off copywriting and golf until next year.

Because I'm going to be an FHM writer instead.

Yes, ladies and gents, this clone trooper ships off to work on June 1, 2005.

Hoo-ya.

7 comments:

Eevon Chung said...

Dude! I'm proud of you. You still owe me lunch. Told you you'd get the job...no ifs! Only whens =)

Anonymous said...

ayunami: FHM eh? WOOHOO! u're truly living the life of an SPB. :) ps: pls cover Masuimi in one of the issues eh?

Anonymous said...

all the best for the job mate!

stay loyal to the darkside that is dnb. hehehe.

Elmira said...

yeay! come to college and we'll celebrate okie? been ages since i last saw u. well actually... only a few weeks. nyeheh.

K@MO said...

Gee, thanks! You shoulda seen the interview questions I got, really tough:

Question #2: Name a famous celebrity - alive or dead - that you would like to interview, and provide examples of the questions that you would use in your interview.

My Answer = Ex-Communist leader Chin Peng. My questions would revolve around "What on earth were you thinking?" and "Look where it's got you now!"

Seriously, my job is to just be me and write instead of speak the sort of trash that you know me for. :P

Elmira said...

yeah, and you gotta conduct it in malay coz chin peng speaks only malay and he refuses to be interviewed in english. i read that somewhere. funny that i actually remember that. haha.

"Seriously, my job is to just be me and write instead of speak the sort of trash that you know me for." <-- so now you can write trash instead of saying it? hehe. kidding only. don't come to college and kill me. hoho.

K@MO said...

Only Malay? That's going to be tough!
Not a chance of making it to college, coz my working hours are from 9.00-6.00.

"They only come out at night, they only come out at niiiiiii-ight..."

- Billy Corgan.