Friday, November 18, 2005

Future Perfect

If I had studied a little harder before my O Levels, I could've aced a few more subjects.

If that had happened, I might've realized my then aspirations of attending the London School of Economics, and might've even graduated with a degree in Political Science, or perhaps even, International Relations.

And if that might have happened, I might've graduated much earlier, and would've started my first job when I was twenty-three (or twenty-four, give or take some sex, drugs and rock 'n'roll).

If so, I would be living a different life, different in its entirety from the one that I am living now.

Different friends, different tastes, different music, different clothes, different everything.

And then she says: "But I like how you've turned out."

That's an encouraging thought.

It makes some things that I've gone through feel a whole lot more worth the while.

1 comment:

Elmira said...

i have similar thoughts about myself every now and then too... how different i would probably be if i were to complete my diploma in performing arts in UiTM, and pursue my degree in mass comm.

i've many regrets, but the things that's been keeping me from thinking about it too often are my boyfriend and the few, but close friends i have now... :)