Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Livin' Large

It's funny how acutely a person loses their sense of purpose after retirement. Quite literally funny, in fact.

Think about it; you've been absolved of everything that accompanies Working Life - tight deadlines, Monday morning depression and although you can't periodically Xerox your butt crack any more, well, you don't have to.

I've never seen my Dad like this before. He watches more television than my 13 year-old sister (" Abang, MTV sucks but you know what Damien from TRL is so cute"), hangs out more than I do and has the ability to mysteriously vanish and re-appear two hours later with tasty cakes and pies.

Anyway, when I retire, I'm still going to be producing. Hell, I'll probably even be able to beat-match properly by then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm sure your dad had said the same thing too when he was your age, "i'm still gonna be ass-kicking at my dad's age". heck, i said something to that effect too, "i am so gonna be trim and svelte at my mom's age." and surely she had said the same thing too, i presumed.

funny that we make it a point to be unlike our parents but as of this moment, i realised that i have so much of my mom's traits that it's scary and i am not even her age yet. hmm...

btw, i was looking for u on msn earlier. i need to laugh. like really laugh. so i am going to.

WAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAA...KAHKAHKAHKAHKAH...ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAAHAHA....

*pants*