Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Everyday Junglist

Yes, and I'm proud of it, too.

Hey, everyone needs a little music in their lives. I just happen to need it a little more than you do.

I get up in the morning, make myself a strong cup of coffee, have my first cigarette of the day and put on some Technical Itch. And I start dancing as soon as I feel the drop. As soon as I hear the Amens sing.

I'm half-asleep, for fuck's sake and already my feet are stomping, my head's nodding back and forth and everything's OK.

I'm a junkie. I need my Drum n Bass like a pothead needs Rizlas.

I never used to be like this before. Even when I first discovered trance, which I still have a weak spot for. Even when I first discovered rock 'n' roll, yeah, Guns 'n' Roses, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Sonic Youth, The Screaming Trees etc...Even then I still thought of music as something that had it's time and place, something that was purely functional, therapeutic even. Nowadays, I need my Drum n Bass.

Of course, I'm not afraid of getting desensitized or that listening to too much d&b will eventually make me sick of it. No, none of that.

I've been listening to d&b for almost 6 years now. And it still feels like new. Maybe this is where it's at, for now. Maybe it's going to lead to something else. Maybe not. Maybe there's too many fucking maybe's than I should be concerned with.

Whatever it is, I wanna see just how far this rabbit-hole goes, fucking hell yeah Morpheus you fat bald fuck, let's roll, motherfucker!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey dude..a msg from trixx and hospital records...

"THEY TELL ME, "LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL" and that I was BORN TO SYNTHESISE while marching to my "DIFFERENT DRUM" in a "SPREAD LOVE" sort of way. All in all, life is about searching for that "BILLION DOLLAR GRAVY"..

Haa?..shit does that make sense?..nvm im quite fucked in head right now to judge if what ever i said benefits to you..but yeah dude..life is about being a Junglist, each of us trying to find our ways out of that jungle but we havent found the exit yet. Maybe we deliberately make ourselves lost in this modern jungle for reason..would u know what that reason is?..im so fucked up right now. Ting ting.