Saturday, October 16, 2004

Nice Words!

Here's a quote from the Godfather of Semiotics, Roland Barthes, that aptly describes the turmoil that I experienced over a girl a few months ago:

"The amorous subject wonders, not whether he should declare his love to the loved being, but to what degree he should conceal the turbulence of his passion: his desires, his distresses; in short, his excesses.)

...Yet, to hide a passion totally (or even to hide, more simply, its excess) is inconceivable: not because the human subject is too weak, but because passion is in essence made to be seen: the hiding must be seen: I want you to know that I am hiding something from you, that is the active paradox I must resolve: at one and the same time it must be known and not known: I want you to know that I don't want to show my feelings: that is the message I address to the other. I advance pointing to my mask: I set a mask upon my passion, but with a discreet (and wily) finger I designate this mask."

And I don't know why I just posted that, but I just had to, y'know?

2 comments:

Eevon Chung said...

Obsession of the heart's desire fuels the passion to break free from the trappings of what is not said, what can't be said and what will not be said...for fear that all that escapes the mouth will fall into oblivion...never known, forever lost.

Anonymous said...

Trixx here:
honestly dude.....its cool to read whatever u write...bitch damn im so wasted right now..